In this post, I recount deeper insight gained into the human experience through a recent revelation and ongoing crystal care~
I came off this weekend charged and alive with joy, radiance, excitement, and electricity! WOW - how and why did I feel so good? Two weeks prior I had landed from Africa and went straight into teaching and healing sessions. I didn’t get enough sleep, but work called. A higher force said, “push through” so I did. With more sleep and conscious clearing practices, I slowly navigated back “on track.” “On track.” What does that mean? Balance, centered, awake, alive, free from external pulls and pushes. How to achieve this sense of harmony? Handle business, catch up, communicate, deliver on commitments, leave space, and most importantly be present in the now.
As a teacher and healer, it is important to maintain Saucha, cleanliness, clearness and purity of body, mind and emotion. Proper and clean hygiene, attire, living/practice area, head and emotional body space are essential. When meditation, visualization, prayer, chant, Reiki, breath work, white light healing, smudging, time in nature, epsom salt/eucalyptus baths are not enough, perhaps a mini staycation in nature will do the trick.
In general, I am aware and mindful to keep clean and clear, but only this weekend did I have an epiphany about CHARGE! I capped off a weekend of yoga, chakras, breath work, learning, teaching, delicious Indian and vegan feasts, group middle pillar ritual, friend time, and solo reflection with my good friend’s Kundalini teacher training graduation. A group of 70+ radiant teachers clad in all white singing and celebrating on stage and a delicious post-celebration feast further filled my vessel with utmost love and joy. A few days before, my friend gave me a 10 subtle body private kundalini lesson in the park on fresh grass with wind blowing. The effects were profound and I experienced the science of how energy moves through the body. We did a special Kriyā, chanted and meditated. I felt like a vibrating quartz crystal!
Yesterday (Monday morning), I left my friend a message: “WOW! I felt so incredible after this weekend, was in such an amazing mood, and completely charged up and vibrating. She replied with something similar to what she had said before: meditation alone is not enough. Additional modalities are needed to stir up energies and create CHARGE.
It became apparent again that I oftentimes become comfortable and content with silent meditation and a serene, peaceful, calm, and blissful state. However, what about the charge and passion?
This reminded me of different crystal states and care: clean, clear, charged. First physically clean the crystal with a cloth or water. Next clear the crystal with elements: water, fire, earth, air, spirit. Then charge the crystal with elements. I thought of the difference between when my chakra wands are clear (light) and when they are full moon charged (pulsating with energy). I then saw myself as a crystal and realized that lately I have been too focused on the “clear” (balanced, light, not holding others’ energies) and have not paid enough attention to the “charge” (pulsating with passion and electricity).
I reflected and journaled, and came up with this list of “charging” practices:
- ☆ Visit your special beach and spend time in the water and on the rocks and sand, surf
- ☆ Visit a power place (energy vortex) such as Lake Shrine
- ☆ Get a campsite for the night and camp solo or with friends/family
- ☆ Hike at a spot that makes you feel alive (Topanga, Santa Monica Mountains). Some spots resonate more deeply/powerfully.
- ☆ Indulge in delicious, nourishing food and drink
- ☆ Surround yourself with good company that uplifts and excites you
- ☆ Add invigorating breath work, chanting and singing to meditation practices
- ☆ Go outside and play: practice inversions, acro yoga, aerial play with the Ring Flyers at Santa Monica beach
- ☆ Make passionate love
- ☆ Lay out in mild sunlight (too much can be draining)
- ☆ Bathe under the full moon
- ☆ Spend time with energizing crystals such as tigers eye, carnelian, nirvana quartz, lithium quartz, moldavite, phenacite
- ☆ Douse in a natural waterfall
- ☆ Attend a sound bath with a facilitator/healer you love and enjoy his/her energy
- ☆ Fill your space with fresh, beautiful flowers
- ☆ Apply, spend time and learn about essential oils
- ☆ Act on divine inspiration to create art and express - draw, paint, write, sing, dance, start a project
When feeling ready to go beyond balance and peace (the clear), ask, “how can I, do I experience passion and excitement (the charge)?”
Start by closing your eyes...visualize yourself as your favorite crystal...embody it...all its rainbows, facets, and qualities. Feel the cleanliness, clearness and CHARGE~
Recommended Readings: The Charge by Brendan Burchard, Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman